Sports Funding 2014-15
In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport. Funding is being allocated to all state-maintained secondary, primary, middle and special schools ( including non-maintained special schools), academies and pupil referral units with primary aged pupils for the period September 2013 to 31st August 2014 and from 1st September 2014 to 31st August 2015. Our school received £9,825 in two installments. The first instalment of £5731 was received in October 2014 and the second instalment, of £4094, in April 2015.
How we are using our Sports Funding to improve the quality of PE, fitness levels, wellbeing and overall health awareness.
· Procurement of quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport, through the Youth Sports Trust.
· Supporting regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages and locally.
· Entering children into different leagues and competitions organised by the borough – eg Redbridge mini games.
· New IT equipment for use in PE (such as flip videos and ipads), to allow children the opportunity to evaluate their own skills as well as their peers. Investment in the use of IT in lessons also aids teacher assessment and the progress of children during PE lessons.
· Installing new equipment and extending the hall, e.g., indoor storage so that the children can develop their skills further in PE lessons.
· First Aid training for all Year 6 children, sharpening their awareness of how to look after their bodies, avoid physical risk and steps to follow if injured.
· A six week project based on fitness and health sessions for Year 6 – ‘Move It.’
· Twelve week programme of Multi skills sessions, across all year groups provided by Foundation Sport.
Sports Fund Tracking 2014-15
|The Consortium||Plastic match goal, footballs and carry nets||£486.64|
|TTS||5 Multi-Goals, Netball Nets, Tennis packs||£994.49|
|BeelineOlympic||Wrist Bands (Sports Week)||£387.50|
|Slide and Glide||Slide and Glide Sessions (COACH)||£517.50|
|Foundation Sports||Multi-skills Year 3 (weekly sessions)||£1,762.50|
|Foundation Sports||Handball (COACH)||£1,147.50|
|Move It Project||Move It Project – Year 6 (COACH)||£1,987.50|
· Through modelled sessions by Foundation Sport coaches teachers’ expertise and subject knowledge has been enhanced leading to effective teaching and learning.
· Improved pupil attitude and increased confidence towards competitive and non competitive sports activities.
· Pupils’ heightened awareness of the importance of sport and fitness and its link to their overall well-being.
· Children are more aware of the importance of a healthy diet and what constitutes a healthy diet.
· Children are increasingly able to train to play against quality opposition whilst developing all pupils’ skills to a higher level.
· Children have demonstrated increasing enjoyment and confidence when engaged in a diverse range of activities.
· By the end of Key Stage 2, our pupil attainment and progress has steadily increased over a three year period.
· Our attendance figures show an upward trend, over the past three years.