The following principles shape our approach:
· We value all children in our school equally.
· All pupils are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet their individual needs and abilities.
· All pupils should have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of school life.
· All children are entitled to experience success.
· All children are entitled to have their particular needs recognised and addressed.
· All children should be helped to reach their full potential – we have high expectations for everyone.
· Good special needs practice is good practice for all pupils.
· Additional intervention and support cannot compensate for Quality First Teaching.
· Pupils and their parents/carers know their child best and should be full partners in planning and reviewing support for their child.
· Pupils with SEND have a unique perspective on their own needs and should be central to all decision-making processes about their support.